CATASTROPHIC OVERLOAD LTD
Based in Bristol, UK
Drink More Glurp is a wacky physics, sports(ish), hot seat, party game. Aliens try and copy our Olympics but get everything slightly wrong. The aliens think it is all about sponsorships, who wreak havoc on the players and twist the events to fit their agenda. Just when you think you are getting the hang of an event a sponsor will appear and give you laser hands! Each time you play you will see something different. Along with a massive collection of sponsors there is also a huge range of events, each with multiple variations, which creates an almost endless combination for added replayability. A fun but challenging game, Drink More Glurp is the perfect local play party game to enjoy with friends or at social events. With hot seat style play not only do we support up to 20 players, all with one controller, but you also get players bringing their own unique play style to the table making for an enjoyable spectator game – expect lots of shouting and cheering! Players move the 'athletes' using their long noodle arms. Players control the arms independently with the analogue sticks. Along with the bumpers / triggers players can grab and throw using the arms. Players often develop their own 'unique' techniques when it comes to moving the 'athletes'. There is no 'correct' way to play, which also adds another layer of entertainment. Glurp will have compelling single player features such as Challenge Mode, where players can compete for high scores, and Playground where players can interact with objects in the physics driven environment to hone their skills ready for the next tournament!
In early 2018 CATASTROPHIC_OVERLOAD began to put together the beginnings of an idea for their first game... over the course of a few months of prototyping and developing of ideas, Drink More Glurp has begun to take shape...
- Wacky physics gameplay
- Local hot seat supporting up to 20 players
- Endless replayability with multiple levels, variations and sponsor mutators
- Single player 'Challenge' and 'Playground' modes
- Potential for online gameplay support
- Replays with plans for online leaderboards
- Super crisp graphics supporting 4K and retina screens
Drink More Glurp Reveal Trailer YouTube
Drink More Glurp event Highlights YouTube
Logo & Icon
- "6 Amazing Games You (Probably) Didn't Know Were Coming To PS4"
- Playstation Access, Youtube
- "Our Favourite Games at EGX Rezzed 2019"
- Rock Paper Shotgun, Website
- "Drink More Glurp has been selected to be a part of the Indie Zone at Insomnia64"
- 19th to 22nd April 2019 NEC Birmingham, Insomnia Festival
- "Drink More Glurp has been selected to be a part of the Leftfield Collection for EGX Rezzed 2019"
- 4th to 6th April 2019 Tobacco Dock, London, EGX
- "While the base premise seems fun by itself, the more interesting aspect is that rounds of play will be sponsored by fake brands, each of which add interesting modifiers to the game... The reveal trailer for Drink More Glurp caught our attention with the sheer number of modifiers on offer, which will hopefully add lots of replay value"
- Laura Kate Dale, Kotaku UK
- "This game was a whole load of hilarious fun. The kind of game where the worse you are, the funnier it is + it doesn't matter because you're laughing hardest. Can't wait till it's out. #thumbsup Josh + James."
- Martha Nova, Twitter
- "Keep an eye out for @DrinkMoreGlurp, people. I imagine it will be BIG (especially with streamers!)"
- James Parker, Twitter
Join our community on Discord https:.
Join our mailing list for updates https:.
About CATASTROPHIC OVERLOAD LTD
We are CATASTROPHIC OVERLOAD LTD, a game dev duo from Bristol UK.
More information on CATASTROPHIC OVERLOAD LTD, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Drink More Glurp Credits
Designer / Programmer
Designer / Graphics