CATASTROPHIC OVERLOAD LTD
Based in Bristol, UK
Drink More Glurp is a wacky, physics based, sports(ish), hot-seat, party game. A race of aliens detect a signal from outer space, which turns out to be the 1936 Olympic Games... now, some years later, having created their own games we see that the aliens may have the wrong end of the stick. In creating their version of the games, the sporting events take a backseat to the sponsors, who twist the events to fit their agenda. With sponsors such as “Gravitol” bringing strange low gravity effects to the games and “Gamma Whey” giving the players super strong arm mutations – the sponsors create havoc for the athletes. Along with a massive collection of sponsor mutators there is also a huge range of events, each with multiple variations, which creates an almost endless combination for added replay-ability. Just when you think you are getting the hang of an event a sponsor will appear and give you laser hands! Amongst the sponsor mutators are sticky hands, crab arms, handcuffs, blob body, bomb rain, short arms, rocket hands, wings and many more! Each time you play you will see something different. A fun but challenging game, Drink More Glurp is the perfect local play party game to enjoy with friends or at public events. With hot seat style play not only do we support up to 20 players, all with one controller, but you also get players bringing their own unique play style to the table making for a great spectator game – expect lots of shouting and cheering! Players move the ‘athletes’ using their long noodle arms. Players control the arms independently with the analogue sticks. Along with the bumpers / triggers players can grab and throw using the arms. Players often develop their own ‘unique’ techniques when it came to moving the ‘athletes’ – there is no 'correct' way to play – which also adds another layer of entertainment. Glurp has compelling single player features such as Challenge Mode, where players can compete for high scores, and Playground where players can interact with objects in the physics driven environment to hone their skills ready for the next tournament!
In early 2018 CATASTROPHIC_OVERLOAD began to put together the beginnings of an idea for their first game... over the course of a few months of prototyping and developing of ideas, Drink More Glurp has begun to take shape...
- Wacky physics based gameplay
- Local hot-seat supporting up to 20 players
- Endless replay-ability with multiple levels, variations and modifications
- Single player 'Challenge' and 'Playground' modes
- Potential for online gameplay support
- Replays with plans for online leaderboards
- Super crisp graphics supporting 4K and retina screens
Drink More Glurp Reveal Trailer YouTube
Drink More Glurp event Highlights YouTube
Logo & Icon
- "Drink More Glurp has been selected to be a part of the Leftfield Collection for EGX Rezzed 2019"
- 4–6 April 2019 Tobacco Dock, London, EGX
- "While the base premise seems fun by itself, the more interesting aspect is that rounds of play will be sponsored by fake brands, each of which add interesting modifiers to the game... The reveal trailer for Drink More Glurp caught our attention with the sheer number of modifiers on offer, which will hopefully add lots of replay value"
- Laura Kate Dale, Kotaku UK
- "This game was a whole load of hilarious fun. The kind of game where the worse you are, the funnier it is + it doesn't matter because you're laughing hardest. Can't wait till it's out. #thumbsup Josh + James."
- Martha Nova, Source
- "Saw this game from @DrinkMoreGlurp this evening. Think daley thompson meets QWOP... Looks absolutely amazing!!!"
- Sean as a Service, Source
- "Keep an eye out for @DrinkMoreGlurp, people. I imagine it will be BIG (especially with streamers!)"
- James Parker, Source
Join our community on Discord https:.
Join our mailing list for updates https:.
About CATASTROPHIC OVERLOAD LTD
We are CATASTROPHIC OVERLOAD LTD, a game dev duo from Bristol UK.
More information on CATASTROPHIC OVERLOAD LTD, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Drink More Glurp Credits
Designer / Programmer
Designer / Graphics